Our 1, 2, 3 and 5-day cleanses provide your body with an incredible amount of nutrition while giving it a break from its usual routine. If you know you aren’t receiving enough nutrition in your daily life, an organic juice cleanse from Mo Juice can help. Think of a Mo Juice Living Organic cleanse as a reset for your system. Not only are you flooding your body with more vitamins and minerals than you’ll receive through a typical diet, but you’re also allowing your body to rid itself of toxins that build up from the foods we eat and the substances we’re exposed to in our environment.
Call Us for more information or to order!
WHAT IS “COLD-PRESSED”?
Not all juices are created equal. At Mo Juice Living Organic, our products are different because they’re made differently. We use a cold-pressing technique to turn fresh ingredients into liquid delight while preserving the integrity of the food’s nutrition.
Traditional juicing uses a classic juicer or blender with a centrifugal design. That’s the one with the sharp teeth that spin really fast. During centrifugal juicing, the machine turns its blades at high speeds to shred and tear up the ingredients. During the process, the centrifugal juicer generates a certain amount of heat.
Some foods are particularly sensitive to heat, and their nutrient content will degrade whenever heat is applied. Vitamins like A, E, K, C and B are quite sensitive to heat and can easily loose their nutritional integrity when heat is applied. This study concluded that raw vegetables contain the highest amounts of vitamin C content compared to cooked ones. While centrifugal juicing might not generate the same heat that full-on cooking does, the study illustrates how heat can erode food’s nutritional value.
Mo Juice Living Organic uses a cold-pressed juicing technique that crushes and gently presses the ingredients. While cold-pressing yields the highest amount of juice, it also generates no additional heat. The final result is a refreshing juice that was gently cold-pressed, keeping nutrients and enzymes from fruits and vegetables in-tact!
Cold-pressed juicing allows you to pack in the highest nutrition possible in one go. As an added benefit, Clean Juice’s cold-pressed juices have a shelf life of a few days, meaning that you can expect the nutrient content and taste to remain as fresh as possible.
BENEFITS OF CLEANSING
Drinking organic cold-pressed juice isn’t just convenient, and it isn’t just nutritious. There are tons of other benefits that come from cleansing that improve your health and well-being:
- Rest for certain organs: A juice cleanse gives your body a break from processing solid foods. During a juice cleanse, your digestive system, including your intestines and stomach, don’t work as hard to break down and digest food. Additionally, your liver, which is your body’s natural filter, gets a break from detoxifying substances. Because your organs don’t have to work as hard to eliminate harmful toxins, they’re able to heal and repair themselves for the duration of the cleanse. After the cleanse, they’ll be healthier and more efficient.
- Boost in energy and deeper sleep: After a cleanse, you can expect to feel more vibrant and energetic, and you’ll sleep better too. During a cleanse, your liver is given the break it needs to repair itself by eliminating the toxins it normally needs to filter from your blood. Your liver uses a ton of energy to function properly, and when it’s overworked, it can make you feel lethargic and even affect your sleep quality. By giving your liver a break, you’ll feel re-energized and refreshed.
- Mental clarity: There’s no question that an unhealthy diet makes your body feel sluggish, but it can also cause brain fog. Cleansing not only boosts your physical energy, but it can improve your mental clarity too. When your digestive system goes from an overworked state to a lighter, healthier state, your brain fog will lift, leaving you with a greater sense of focus and mental sharpness. You might just feel more productive!
- Glowing skin: We’ve all experienced diet-related breakouts that occur from poor quality foods. That’s because, just like our livers, our skin also works to filter and eliminate toxins. Regular cleansing can give your skin the periodic break it needs from eliminating toxins. During this time, it can heal and repair itself, leaving you with fresh skin, fewer breakouts and a brighter complexion.
- Improved mood:Cleanses are a good way to regulate your mood by balancing your hormones. When we’re stressed, our bodies release cortisol, which produces a stress response. According to German research, the more cortisol we release, the higher our risk of developing a fatty liver. During a cleanse, our bodies don’t produce the same level of stress hormones, giving our adrenals a break. This allows us to handle stress better, and we can experience a happier mood with less anxiety.
- Weight loss: Cleanses are a highly effective, short-term weight loss solution. During a cleanse, you’re taking in far fewer calories than you would normally, and you eliminate significant fluid retention, helping you to feel slimmer and trimmer. Trying out a cleanse is a great way to kickstart your weight loss journey. Not only will it reduce your caloric intake, but it will also help interrupt your cravings for unhealthy foods (fried fats and sugars) and replace your body’s natural cravings with healthier ones.
- More regulated colon: One of the most noticeable benefits of cleansing is your bathroom habits. During a cleanse you’ll make much more frequent bathroom trips. However, in the time following a cleanse, you’ll notice more regular colon activity. Your digestive tract will work more efficiently, meaning you’ll experience less constipation. With a more regulated colon, you’ll improve your overall bowel health and even reduce your risk of colorectal cancer.
- Reduced bloating:Even a 1-day cleanse can help you feel lighter and slimmer. That’s because, during a cleanse, you’re restricting your calorie intake. Your body then turns to the water and glycogen stored in your muscles. As it uses up glycogen, it loses the water too, helping you to feel less bloated. Additionally, your digestive tract will begin to empty itself and potentially become less inflamed, causing you to lose the bloated feeling you didn’t even know you had!\
- Intense hydration: During a cleanse, you increase your hydration levels to an intense level. Many people are chronically dehydrated from not drinking enough water and eating hydration-sapping foods. A cleanse can help restore much-needed hydration to your entire body—especially your digestive tract and your skin. With improved hydration, you’ll also experience fewer headaches, less muscle pain and increased circulation, which helps your entire body get the nutrients it needs.
BENEFITS OF ORGANIC
Organic produce is healthier, safer and more sustainable than foods grown in conventional farming practices. Clean Juice only uses USDA-certified organic ingredients. Comparable products may only contain limited organic ingredients or no organic ingredients at all. But our commitment is to the highest quality nutrition possible, which you can only get with certified-organic fruits and vegetables.
When you cleanse, you’re taking in a high concentration of nutrition in one go. For first-timers, this may be the only time in your life you’ve ever ingested such high concentrations of fruits and vegetables at once. Drinking certified-organic ingredients makes sure that the nutrition you’re ingesting is of the safest and highest quality!
Here are some of the top benefits of organic food for personal health and the environment:
- Reduced exposure to synthetic pesticides: Non-organic food undergoes multiple rounds of pesticide application to kill pests and parasites that would otherwise damage the food. One of the most common commercial pesticides, glyphosate (known by the brand name, Roundup) is classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer as a probable human carcinogen. Experts warn that over time, repeated exposure to pesticides can lead to certain types of cancer. Even after washing food, there’s still a risk of ingesting leftover pesticide residue and of the chemicals themselves affecting the integrity of the food. Over time, this exposure to pesticides may slowly erode our health and prevent us from getting the fullest nutrition we require. Eating organic foods and drinking organic fruits and vegetables reduces or eliminates this risk. Certified-organic foods don’t have any synthetic pesticides applied to them—only natural pest-prevention measures that are organic-approved.
- Increased antioxidant levels: Antioxidants from food sources help to reverse the effects of oxidative stress, which causes cellular damage and speeds up the aging process. Eating foods rich in antioxidants is one of the best ways to help protect your body. Research has found that organic farming practices preserve the concentration of antioxidants in crops compared to non-organic farming practices. A 2017 study concluded that the organic onions had higher concentrations of antioxidants than the non-organic onions (likely due to better soil management practices in organic farming compared to non-organic farming). Now we don’t use onions in our cold-pressed juices, but we do use organic produce that has these same organic farming practices. Antioxidant-rich ingredients are a fundamental component of Clean Juice cold-pressed juices—they’re what give our products the added health benefits for greater vitality. Because all our juices are made from certified-organic ingredients, you can rest assured that you’re getting the highest concentration of antioxidant nutrients possible from all of our cleanses.
- Minimized heavy metal poisoning: Non-organic foods put consumers at risk of heavy metal poisoning. When we eat plants and other crops that contain heavy metals, we can absorb them into our bodies where they accumulate in our livers and kidneys. In 2014, the British Journal of Nutrition published a meta-analysis that looked at nearly 20 years’ worth of studies on organic foods and found that organic foods had 48% less cadmium (toxic heavy metal) concentration than non-organic foods. This is important because reducing our exposure to heavy metals as much as possible is essential for lowering and preventing toxicity in your body. By eating certified-organic foods, you can take steps to prevent heavy metal accumulation and protect your long-term health. Bye bye toxins!